THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES (SSS) GRANT AID SCHOLARSHIPS IS NOW OPEN: The awarding of Grant Aid will be based on student need, program participation, and the availability of funds. ($40,000 is available in 2021 for SSS Grant Aid Scholarships). The deadline to apply is Thursday, April 1, 2021, by 4 pm. All decisions made by the SSS staff are final. The application may be brought to SSS or may be completed on the SSS webpage (insert link).
- Completed a 2020-2021 Student Support Services Application
- Received Pell Grant during the academic year
- Have sufficient unmet financial need as determined by the NW-SCC Financial Aid Office
- Earned at least 9 semester hours in the fall 2020 and attempted no more than 70 total semester hours
- Cleared any “holds”
- Previously awarded the SSS Grant Aid Scholarship no more than once
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
SELECTION OF FINALISTS: Selection of Finalists will be made by awarding points to the qualified applicants based on the following rubric:
- Cumulative NW-SCC GPA x 4 MAXIMUM POINTS ALLOWED: 16
- Tutoring sessions attended: 1 point per hour of tutoring MAXIMUM POINTS ALLOWED: 8
- Academic Advising Sessions: 5 pts/session MAX POINTS ALLOWED: 10 (5 PER SEMESTER)
- Met with Advisors from transfer colleges: 2 pts/session MAXIMUM POINTS ALLOWED: 6
- Attended Transfer Panel Workshop hosted by SSS MAXIMUM POINTS ALLOWED: 5
See the SSS website, office, Moodle or NW-SCC Social Media for current dates, locations, and times of transfer visits and workshops. Applicants must participate in the entire workshop(s) and sign the role sheet upon the conclusion.
The Finalists for the scholarships will be contacted by phone. (Put correct phone number in Banner.) If you are selected as a finalist, then you will be required to attend both of the following workshops:
- The Personal Economic Literacy Workshop must be virtually completed by May 3, 2021.
- The Leadership Workshop must be virtually completed by May 3, 2021.
GRANT AID SCHOLARSHIP FACTS:
- Grant Aid does not have to be paid back.
- Grant Aid supplements other financial aid, like Pell Grant and student loans.
- Grant Aid will be awarded in the same manner as Pell refund
- Deadline for the completed application is April 1, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. After notification of award, Virtual workshop requirements must be completed by May 3, 2021.
By submitting this application, I understand I must have received a 2020-2021 Pell Grant in order to receive SSS Grant Aid. If chosen to receive Grant Aid, I agree to complete a Virtual Leadership Workshop by May 3, 2021 and Virtual Personal Economic Literacy Workshop by May 3, 2021 offered by SSS. I also understand that failure to complete will result in the forfeiture of my Grant Aid Scholarship.