REINSTATEMENT INTO NURSING:
Requirements and Information
1. Students who desire to be reinstated following non-progression must schedule an appointment with a nursing faculty advisor to apply for reinstatement.
2. A student must request reinstatement within one year from the term of non-progression to be eligible for reinstatement.
3. In order to be eligible for reinstatement, the student must:
a. apply for readmission to the College if not currently enrolled;
b. receive unconditional admission status from the College;
c. demonstrate a 2.0 GPA in Nursing Program required courses completed at current institution;
d. have no more than one non-progression since program admission;
e. submit application requesting reinstatement to the Nursing Program by the following deadlines:
Fall Semester - May 15
Spring Semester - October 15
Summer Semester - February 15
f. demonstrate the ability to meet essential functions for nursing with or without reasonable accommodations;
g. demonstrate competency in previous nursing courses by those students who have been out of progression for greater than one semester; (This may be evaluated by testing and/or skills validation.)
h. be accepted by clinical agencies for clinical experiences;
i. demonstrate current CPR certification at the Health Care Provider level;
4. Students dismissed from the program for disciplinary reasons and or unsafe client care in the clinical area will not be allowed reinstatement to the nursing program.
5. Reinstatement to the nursing program is not guaranteed and will be allowed only one time.
6. Reinstatement will be denied due to, but not limited to, any of the following circumstances;
a. grade point average is less than 2.0 from courses completed at the current institution;
b. refusal by a clinical agency to accept the student for clinical experiences;
c. space unavailability; and/or
d. more than twelve (12) months have elapsed since the student has enrolled in a nursing course.